Level 3 Certificate in Counselling Theory
The Certificate in Counselling Theory course is a 30 week course for candidates who have already acquired some counselling skills and now want to continue their training. It will not qualify you to be a counsellor, but it will prepare you to undertake workplace experience as a trainee counsellor.
Candidates are required to have a minimum of 90 hours of training at level 2 counselling skills. Additionally, candidates must be able to:
- Able to cope with course content.
- Possess the ability to translate intra-personal experience into language.
- Able to benefit from self-development.
- Identify reasons for training beyond just personal development.
- Be aware of time resources required to meet demands of the course.
- Awareness of difference and diversity.
- Be motivated towards developing as a counselling practitioner.
- Evidence personal insight.
Candidates should be aware that they will have to attend an interview before selection. Candidates should also be aware that there is a requirement that they have a minimum of 10 hours of personal therapy during the course using a counsellor from our list. The relationship between yourself and your personal counsellor is a private arrangement and candidates should expect to pay between £25-£35 per hour in addition to the course cost.
Two courses are planned from September 2018:
1. Thursday, 12 September 2019 from 10am-1pm for 30 weeks.
2. Thursday, 12 September 2019 from 6-9pm for 30 weeks.
The cost for the course will be £850 if paid in full at the time of enrolment. Alternatively, candidates can opt for our instalment plan whereby you pay a deposit of £240 upon enrolment followed by six monthly payments of £110 in October, November and December 2019 and January, February and March 2020.
If you would like to be considered for a place on one of the CST-L3 Certificate in Counselling Studies courses the please download, complete and send an Application Form to:
The Counsel House
Cranfield Park Road